I am a UC Berkeley-certified independent college consultant in Half Moon Bay, CA. I have assisted high school and community college students with college admissions for over five years. In addition, I volunteer as a Senior Advisor at College Track in San Francisco with first generation, low income students and at the Half Moon Bay High School College Application Workshops. I have also been a parent leader in public and private education for the past fifteen years. I worked in the public health field for over ten years and taught high school biology and chemistry in the Peace Corps in Kenya. I am particularly interested in helping students pursue higher education in math, science and engineering.
I survived the college admission process with my own children, who attended Gonzaga University and UC Berkeley. Every year I visit and research numerous colleges and universities, and attend college fairs and professional conferences.
Education and Credentials
- Certificate in College Admissions and Career Planning, UC Berkeley Extension, Berkeley CA
- Master of Public Health (MPH), University of California Berkeley, Berkeley CA
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), Biology, University of the Pacific, Stockton CA
- California Teaching Credential – Single Subject Biology
- Professional memberships: Higher Education Consultants Association (HECA) and Western Association for College Admission Counseling (WACAC)